Monday, October 17, 2005

The poop hit the fan...

Well, actually the bathmat. Pretty gross. Let's travel back a bit to get the whole story.This morning I awoke to a goodbye kiss from my husband and him handing off our 16 mo. old to me. Yes, I was still in the bed and not suprised to see our 3 yr. old sleeping peacefully beside me. Sometime in the wee hours of the morning he had joined our bed. A (the 16 mo. old) settled down a little bit and I thought that he might go back to sleep for a few minutes. I knew that we had a Dr's appt. at 9 and the alarm was set and so I was desperately wanting a few more moments of sleep. Well, had I only know the havoc that was about to take place i would have gladly jumped out of bed. The 16 mo old did not go back to sleep but I shut my eyes and the next thing I knew the alarm clock was going off. I get out of bed and J is still sleeping but where is A? Then I see him in the doorway of the bathroom. Hmmmm...k...J wakes up and walks to me with arms up and wanting me to pick him up. I pick him up and take him to the living room and rock him for a few seconds in the recliner. Then here comes A toddling along in the living room. He wants to sit on Mama's lap too, so I pick him up and then start to smell something like a dirty diaper. Shortly I realize that the poop is on the outside of the diaper. Yuck! Then I realize that the poop is also on the hands of A and is getting all over J and me. I pick them both up and march straight to the bathroom. Then, I realize that no only is the poop all over me and the boys but it's also all over the bathmat and smeared on one of the bathroom walls. I plop both boys in the tub and throw the bathmat in the washer. Finally we managed to all get clean, but we were 30 mins late to the Dr's. Oh well. Poop happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home