Tuesday, June 07, 2005

My little sunshine

My littlest one is a year old today. I can't believe it. It goes by sooo much faster with the second one. He's so funny. He just started really walking last week. Up til then he would take a few steps but now he's going to town. He's so proud of himself and we are all so proud of him. He will even stand up by himself now without pulling up on things. Most of the time he's such a happy boy. He's my little sunshine.
This time last year my oldest was being admitted into the hospital for osteomyelitis. Talk about an emotional roller-coaster. It was such a happy day and such a sad, scary day. My oldest had gotten to the point where he wouldn't walk on his right leg, and for a boy that runs most of the time, that's really scary; atleast to me it was. It took the doctors a while to figure out what the problem was but finally they did and he finally started responding to the antibiotics. A and I were discharged 2 days later. I went home with my tiny newborn and had to leave my 22 mo. old in the hospital to be taken care of by his daddy and his grandmother. I am so thankful that they took such good care of him, but I felt like such a bad mother for not being able to be there with him. I wasn't there when he cried for me at night. I wasn't there when the nurse had to draw blood or restart the IV. I wasn't the one that reassured him and got him to be still during his x-rays and bone scans. I did go up to the hospital to be with him for 2 hrs at a time in between feedings. My husband and my mother traded off staying with him at night. He was in the hospital for 7 of the longest days of all of our lives. He was released from the hospital on June 14th which was such a happy day. We finally got to be a family again and he finally got to meet his little brother. J absolutely adores his little brother and A absolutely adores him. They play together and laugh together, it's so sweet to watch them. In the midst of such a hard and scary time, A was (and still is) my little sunshine. Happy Birthday, my precious little one.

-bl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home