Friday, March 18, 2005

Thoughts...

Well, I hope that everyone had a great St. Patty's day yesterday. It's been a good week and at the same time a not so good week. One of my friends from AR was in for a visit and it looks like more transplants are coming into town this weekend but for not such a fun time. Her Grandmother is clinging to life by a thread and it may be a matter of hours before she goes on to meet Jesus or as I'm writing this she may have already passed on. What a sad and yet happy time because she will not be in anymore pain. I had the privaledge of getting to meet her and visiting with her a few times and she treated me like a member of the family. I know there will be tough days ahead for the family and I pray that God wraps his loving arms around them and comforts them and reminds them that they will see her again.


This weekend is the company that my husband works for Easter Egg hunt. All week they have been saying that the rain isn't supposed to get here til Sunday but now it looks like it may be here a day early. I hope not. I hope the rain will atleast hold off till afternoon and my boys are napping! I guess we shall see.


I don't know what to think about this Terry Shivo case. It seems to me that the court has decided to put her to death for being disabled. Hmmm...shades of Hitler. It looks to me like the husband wants her out of his way so that he can get on with life. What I don't understand is why they won't give her to her family (people who WANT to take care of her)? Are we coming to a point in this country saying that the infirm have no right to life? If so where is that line drawn? I have a good friend who has a child with a disability and he will (and has) improve but it's taken a long time. He will never have a "normal" (which is a very relative term anyway) life. What if the court decided one day that he was not improving so his feeding tube should be taken out, denying him life? That is killing a living breathing human being!!! EVERY BODY was put on this planet for a purpose. God doesn't make mistakes. The "mistake" lies within our feeble minds who are unable to comprehend how someone "different" from the "norm" could "possibly" have a purpose. We may not understand the purpose but God does. Things should happen in His time, not ours.


And on that note. I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

~bl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home